The Beauty of Christmas Appeal 2016
Your help is needed to raise £25,000 to help fund the opening of 5 new Look Good Feel Better Workshop locations in 2017. These new Workshops in addition to the 89 already established across the UK, will provide advice, group support and a confidence boost for thousands of women and teenagers living with cancer.
Finding out you have cancer is traumatic and the added stress of the appearance related side-effects from treatment can be debilitating. Research has found this can have serious consequences on self-esteem and confidence.
By the end of 2016, over 1,000 people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer each day and nearly half of us will be diagnosed with cancer at some stage in our lives. This Christmas demand for LGFB's support service is greater than ever.
Three easy ways to support our Christmas appeal:
1. Make a donation via our online appeal page
2. Using your mobile and texting LGFB16 and your chosen amount (up to £10) to 70070
3. By holding your own fundraising event (see download below):
- At work with colleagues e.g. product sale, Christmas jumper day, festive cake bake
- At home with friends and family e.g. festive feast, pamper party, mince pie and fizz event
For more festive fundraising ideas, help or advice, please contact the fundraising team on 01372 747500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“I attended a LGFB Workshop whilst going through treatment and I really attribute that to the start of me beginning to feel more like myself again, it had such an impact on my confidence at a time when I needed it. Please give generously this Christmas and help more women, like me, face cancer with confidence.”
Jeanette, LGFB Beneficiary