Programme Services Co-ordinator
Look Good Feel Better (LGFB), based in Epsom, is a national and international charity formed 23 years ago to support women and teenagers with the visible side effects of cancer.
Supporting the Programme Services Manager, this role is central to the success of the charity and encompasses the majority of the co-ordination involved in all elements of running the LGFB Workshops and Masterclasses, particularly with regards to volunteers (2,000+ nationally). The role is office based, reporting to the Head of Programme Services, but will be line managed by the Programme Services Manager. This position will enable the Programme Services Manager to fully focus on helping the field based Regional Managers grow the Programme in order to expand the charity’s reach and support to an increasing number of women and teenagers living with cancer (17,500 in 2016).
The role requires proven administration experience as well as excellent communication skills, specifically being able to communicate effectively with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds as well as medical professionals. The successful candidate will need to show good initiative, calm focus, attention to detail and the ability to work in a very busy team.
The role requires excellent and proven IT skills and experience of all or most of the following:
- Outlook (email)
- Database Management (Sales Force)
- To provide full co-ordination and admin support to the Programme Services Manager and field based Regional Managers to help ensure successful relationships are built and maintained with volunteers and hospital/medical contacts
- To assist the Programme Services Manager in the development of the Workshop and Masterclass Programmes in line with the charity’s ambition for significantly extending its reach, working on growing volunteer groups and maintaining/managing existing volunteers
- To provide back-up support during busier periods to the Programme Services team and Regional Managers if required
- To manage and update the LGFB volunteer database in order to ensure the most up to date and accurate information is readily available
- To help research and recruit new volunteers for the Workshop and Masterclass Programme, including checking their background experience, describing the work of the charity and booking them to observe a LGFB session
- To follow up new volunteers who have observed a LGFB session to get feedback and gain commitment to start volunteering regularly
- To make telephone calls to double check volunteers can attend a Workshop or Masterclass they have committed to
- To monitor and order all Workshop and Masterclass gift bags and track these to ensure delivery has been made
- To help manage all extra ‘awareness events’
- To be prepared to help out wherever needed within the charity, assisting with ad hoc projects throughout the year and to occasionally attend events, sometimes at weekends, when time off in lieu will be given
- To be constantly looking for ways to improve the LGFB processes and in particular, Programme development and growth
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full training will be given and the role will develop as the charity’s services increase.