Volunteering with Look Good Feel Better is an amazing way to support the cancer community. By sharing your expertise and leading our workshops, you will be helping to put a smile back on the faces of people living with cancer.
As a Look Good Feel Better Workshop Volunteer, you’ll be sharing your expertise by leading our workshops; working through the guidebook and demonstrating skincare and make up techniques to beneficiaries using the products in our gift bags.
Workshops last for approximately 2 hours, with half an hour either side for set up and pack down of the venue. As part of the role, you will be encouraged to lead on the delivery of one/two sections of the workshop (skincare, base, eyes & brows, lip & cheek) and assist with the opening and demonstration of products during the session. Hygiene is incredibly important and so the cleaning of equipment such as mirrors and placemats will also be required both before, and after the workshop.
To become a volunteer, we need you to have a few qualifications which can be seen below, plenty of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and the true desire to make a difference. We will provide you with training and the opportunity to watch what we do first at a workshop, before deciding if volunteering for us is the right fit for you.
All we ask is that that you can donate a minimum of 9 hours a year to help our cause.
- Professional qualification (NVQ level 2+ or equivalent),
- or work for a cosmetic brand,
- and 1+ years’ hands on experience in skincare and/or makeup
You must be over 18 to volunteer with us and we cannot accept students.
- Kind, empathetic, friendly, patient and positive.
- Empathetic and understanding that people might be feeling emotional and able to deal with situations and conversations in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- confident in teaching others how to apply skincare and make up.
Where we need support
We run our skincare and makeup workshops in over 115 venues across the country. Here you can find a list of our locations and where we most urgently need volunteer support.
What you can expect from us:
- Full training and support from Look Good Feel Better staff.
- Friendly environment.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- The warm and fuzzy feeling, knowing you’re doing something amazing for people living with cancer.
- Receive our monthly volunteer newsletters.
- Invitations to join our Volunteers Facebook page where you can hear from and connect with other volunteers.
- Invitation to attend or view webinars and events to support your understanding and knowledge of Look Good Feel Better.
Feel inspired and want to get involved?
We ask everyone to complete an application form, which is followed up with an informal interview, probably by phone. If you and we both feel it’s a suitable role for you, we will take up references and then organise an induction for you. Volunteers provide vital support and are an integral part of the Look Good Feel Better family.
Click on the button below to apply.
Got questions? Email us on [email protected] and one of our team would be more than happy to answer any queries you might have.