Duration: 2 hours
Frequency: Once a month
Cost: Free of charge
Who can attend the workshop?
Anyone with a cancer diagnosis from point of diagnosis and beyond. Particularly useful for those who are experiencing, or will experience, hair loss but also relevant to those whose hair might be thinning or are struggling with scalp problems.
What can I expect from the workshop?
A practical workshop presented by partner charity Cancer Hair Care, with expert advice and support from their team of hair loss specialists.
This very informative and comprehensive workshop will provide you with an understanding of the cancer hair loss journey – why it happens and what to expect. We cover:
- Scalp issues, daily scalp care, moisturising and safe scalp massage
- What to expect with new hair growth
- How to create an ideal platform for new hair growth
- Chemo curls – an explanation of what these are and why they occur
- Hair thinning and scalp cooling (the latter only applicable if needed by the group on the day)
- Colouring and chemical treatments
- New hair styling tips
- Recommended products, services and suppliers
Whist this workshop is not as fully interactive as our Skincare and Makeup or Hand and Nail Care workshops, there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions as the session progresses.
What do I need to bring to the workshop?
We would suggest bringing a notepad and pen to the session to jot down key points, suggestions, and ideas. Nothing else is required.
How do I book onto a workshop?
Simply click the button below and book onto the workshop that is most convenient for you.
If you have any questions before making a booking, please email: [email protected].