Workshop: Introduction to Mindfulness with volunteer Katie Lawton
Duration: up to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Frequency: once a month
Who can attend ? Anyone with a cancer diagnosis from point of diagnosis and beyond.
Overview of the workshop:
Katie Lawton (pictured), who volunteers her time to run these sessions, is a health and fitness instructor from Stoke-On-Trent. She has been practicing mindfulness and developed self-awareness skills from her own personal journey over the last 9 years. Katie then went on to get qualified after finding this had such a positive impact on her life and has been coaching for the last 5 years. Katie is very enthusiastic and loves to share her light with other people as everyone deserves to feel light in their soul.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To become connected to our present moment and ourselves
- Lighten the sense of load we feel
- Feel rejuvenated and have tips and tools to take away
The workshop will be broken out as follows:
- Opening with a short self-awareness meditation
- Exploring what mindfulness really is and how it can help us
- Sharing tips and tools
- Write 3 things we are grateful for and affirmations
- 15-minute body scan meditation
What do you need to take part? A quiet room where you won’t be interrupted, and a notepad and pen to take notes should you wish to, although a summary document will be shared after in the Look Good Feel Better follow up email.
If you have any questions you would like to ask before making a booking, please email [email protected]