Duration: 1.5 hours
Frequency: Once a month
Cost: Free of charge
Who can attend the workshop?
Anyone with a cancer diagnosis who is or will experience hair loss due to treatment.
What can I expect from the workshop?
A practical workshop presented by partner charity Cancer Hair Care, with expert advice and support from their team of hair loss specialists.
This very informative and comprehensive workshop will provide you with demonstrations and/or an understanding of:
- Quick and easy scarf tying techniques
- Examples of different types of headwear
- Discover hair loss accessories
- The NHS wig supply and how it works
- How to put on and secure your wig
- Wig styling techniques
- Wig washing and care
- Alternative options
- Eyelashes and brows
- Recommended products, services and suppliers
- Scalp cooling – what this is and what it can do (only covered if applicable to the group on the day)
Whist this workshop is not as fully interactive as our Skincare and Makeup or Hand and Nail Care workshops, there will be plenty of opportunity to follow some demonstrations and ask questions as the session progresses.
What do I need to bring to the workshop?
We would suggest bringing a notepad and pen to jot down key points, suggestions and ideas as well as any wigs, headwear, scarves and accessories you may have. There is no pressure to join in with any demonstrations – putting on or taking off of any headwear or wigs is entirely your choice.
How do I book onto a workshop?
Simply click the button below and book onto the workshop that is most convenient for you.
If you have any questions before making a booking, please email: [email protected].