Supporting the Programme Services department, this role is key to build relationships with our patient beneficiaries to ensure that we provide them with the support they need and to qualify potential new volunteers when they apply to support Look Good Feel Better. This role uses personal judgement and you will receive a daily call list of whom need contacting to provide advice for and solve problems. You will need to be able to quickly and accurately analyse situations and provide accurate and effective advice on sensitive situations.
Flexible; 6 hours per week between 9am–5pm Monday – Friday.
- Contact new beneficiary enquiries, describe the services the charity offers and book on to appropriate workshops and classes. We receive approx. 130 enquiries per week.
- Contact new volunteers to check their background experience, describing the work of the charity, setting up their online training and booking them to observe a workshop once completed. We receive approx. 30 enquiries per week
- IT literate (Excel, Outlook, Databases).
- Warm telephone manner.
- Able to hold sensitive and difficult conversations with potential beneficiaries who have received a cancer diagnosis.
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Kind, empathetic, friendly, patient and positive.
Would suit someone who is:
- Has a HR or admin background.
- Mental Health First Aid training desirable but not essential.
- Is not allergic to dogs as we have them in the office regularly.
Where we need support:
Epsom, Surrey. Please note: our office is on the 2nd floor with no lift
What you can expect from us:
- Full training from LGFB Staff.
- Friendly office environment.
- Tea/coffee snacks.
- Access to computer equipment.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Receive our monthly volunteer newsletters.
- Invitations to join our Volunteers Facebook page where you can hear from and connect with other volunteers.
- Invitation to attend or view webinars and events to support your understanding and knowledge of Look Good Feel Better.
- The warm and fuzzy feeling, knowing you’re doing something amazing for people living with cancer.
Feel inspired and want to get involved?
We ask everyone to complete an application form, which is followed up with an informal interview, probably by phone. If you and we both feel it’s a suitable role for you, we will take up references and then organise an induction for you. Volunteers provide vital support and are an integral part of the Look Good Feel Better family.
Get in touch with our team to find out more & apply: [email protected]